What is Free about Ultima Forever?
- There are no time limits imposed upon free-players
- Players are able level up all the way without paying a cent
- At least in theory, there are no restrictions imposed on those who play for free
In an interview with IGN, Jeff Skalski, the Ultima Franchise Producer, stated:
The game is wide open. You’ll need to level up to take on new challenges, but all of that can be earned by just playing the game. As for what’s available to purchase, quite a bit actually. You can buy new vanity gear to stand out in the crowd, or even a new weapon that has those stats you’ve been hunting for. Need a few more healing pots or a little more inventory space, we got you covered. Want early access to your favourite classes’ abilities? We’ll even let you snag those too. The only one thing we won’t sell is virtue. You have to earn that!
How is the game monetized?
- Keys can be purchased (or found, or crafted) to unlock chests found in-game
- There are three types of Keys in Ultima Forever; Bronze, Silver, and Gold. You must choose which type of Keys to use when you wish to open a chest
- Using Gold Keys will award you two Uncommon, Rare, or Epic items. At least one of the items will be Rare or higher
- Using Silver Keys will award you one Uncommon or Rare item
- Using Bronze Keys will award you one Common or Uncommon item
- Bronze Keys are found as loot in the dungeons. From the store, you can purchase Gold and Silver Keys, and convert Bronze keys to Silver Keys
- Gold Keys can be obtained for free as well, under certain circumstances
How do I purchase keys?
- Via in-app purchase on iOS devices
- Presumably through Origin.com/the Origin client on the PC version
- Possibly through Live Gamer and Lockbox on the Android version
What can’t I buy?
I am unable to purchase Gold Keys.
To purchase Keys you must enable in-app purchases your device. For iOS devices you can do this by going to Settings>General>Restrictions>Allowed Content and verify that the “In-App Purchases” is set to ON.
I purchased Gold Keys but they did not come through. What should I do?
If you do not see your item, please close the game and restart it.
How am I charged for purchases in game?
You are billed the same way for any other purchases you make on your device. If you are using an iPhone or iPad, the charge is through your iTunes account.
How do I disable in-app Purchases?
There may be situations where an in-app purchase may have been purchased accidentally. To avoid situations like this, please follow the steps below for you mobile device. Please note that these steps will need to be performed for EACH mobile device you would like to restrict purchasing from.
To restrict in-app purchases for iOS devices:
- Press the Settings Icon
- Tap General
- Tap Restrictions
- Tap Enable Restrictions
- Enter a PIN code
- Confirm PIN code
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select off next to In-app Purchases
To restrict in-app purchasing for Android devices: (Added once we launch Android)
- Open Google Play
- Press your Menu button
- Tap Settings
- Select the option Set or Change Pin
- Enter a PIN Code
- Confirm PIN Code
- Check the box next to Use PIN for purchases
- Please note that you will need to have Google Play version 3.1 or higher